Players Tour - Brussels is a Pioneer tournament with an entry fee of €0.00 and is scheduled to begin on Friday @ 09:00
Players who have received an invitation to 2020 Players Tour Series 1 events may choose which of the three events below in which to participate, but they can only play in one. Each Players Tour event has slightly-different information and prize structure, so please make sure you are looking at the correct tournament!
Players Tour – Europe (Brussels, Belgium)
All times listed are local to Brussels.
Pioneer and Theros: Beyond Death Booster Draft.
January 31 – February 2, 2020
January 30, 2020 from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM (13:00 – 20:00) and January 31, 2020 from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM (8:00 – 8:30).
Decklists must be submitted electronically via the decklist submission page for this tournament. Decklists must be submitted by Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 11:59 PM (23:59),
There has been overwhelming positive feedback on live coverage of Magic tournaments that use decklist overlays like the one produced by Cardboard Live. Based on this feedback we will continue to use the Cardboard Live extension for our Twitch coverage of the Players Tour so that viewers of the live stream can see the constructed decklists of players playing on camera in the feature match.
ALL players (not just feature match players) will be able to review their opponent’s constructed decklist before playing each round.
Starting with round 4 (the first round of constructed):
- Each player will have a copy of their own decklist. It will have complete information for the main deck (names and quantities of cards). For sideboards, it will only list the names of the cards (no quantities).
- Prior to each match, players will exchange decklists and have 1 minute to review the opponents decklist. No notes may be made during this review. You may also not use an electronic device to take a photo, etc. After the minute is complete, decklists will be handed back to their owners.
- Day One will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Pioneer
- Day Two will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Pioneer
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 50 minutes per round
- Players with 15 or more match points after Round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition
- The Top 8 players after Round 16 will advance to Sunday's single-elimination playoff rounds
- Playoff rounds will be Pioneer Constructed format
- All playoff matches will be best 2 out of 3
(All times are Brussels, BE local times)
Wednesday, January 29
- Decklists due at 11:59 PM (23:59)
Thursday, January 30
- Registration 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM (13:00 – 20:00)
Friday, January 31
- Late Registration 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM (8:00 – 8:30)
- Day 1 Play Begins 9:00 AM (9:00)
Saturday, February 1
- Day 2 Play Begins 9:00 AM (9:00)
Sunday, February 2
- Top 8 Playoff Begins 9:00 AM (9:00)
Passport: You might need a valid passport to travel to this event. Please check the expiration date on yours!
Travel Visas: It is your responsibility to determine whether you require a travel visa for this trip. We recommend you research this requirement immediately, as visas can take several weeks to process.
If you have any additional questions related to the Players Tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have general questions about MagicFest Phoenix, please contact CFBEvents here.
All prizes listed are in USD.
- 1st: $35,000
- 2nd: $25,000
- 3rd: $20,000
- 4th: $15,000
- 5th: $12,000
- 6th: $10,000
- 7th: $8,000
- 8th: $6,000
- 9th-12th: $3,000
- 13th-22nd: $1,250
- 23rd-32nd: $1,000
- 33rd-78th: $750
Don't have a DCI number? Get one now at accounts.wizards.com